About the RACP
What is the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)?
The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) is the professional medical College of over 15,000 physicians and 7,500 trainee physicians, often referred to as specialists, in Australia and New Zealand.
Through the RACP, specialists:
- Provide accredited specialist training to trainee doctors who have completed their medical degree and wish to further specialise as physicians in Australia or New Zealand.
- Provide continuing professional development and education for specialists who have completed their physician training and have become Fellows of the RACP.
- Assess Overseas Trained Physicians who wish to practise as physicians in Australia or New Zealand
- Hold events including conferences, training sessions and continuing professional development workshops.
- Provide opportunities for physicians and trainee physicians to connect as a community of physicians in Australia and New Zealand
- Collaborate to lead innovation in the delivery of specialist medicine in a constantly changing world.
- Collaborate to develop world-leading medical education programs for the specialists of tomorrow.
- Support medical graduates, Fellows and trainee physicians education and research by awarding fellowships, grants and prizes to both early career medical researchers, and later career stage Fellows.
What is a Physician?
Physicians are doctors who have completed further training in a medical specialty to diagnose and manage complex medical problems.
The RACP trains physicians in more than 33 medical specialties, and works in partnership with other leading Colleges in Australia and New Zealand.
Find out more about who a Physician is and what they do.
A Board of Directors supported by a range of committees and councils governs the RACP. Find out more about the Board and Governance and Fellow-led RACP Committees.
The RACP is comprised of two Divisions and three Faculties. Each Division has a number of Chapters.
Learn more about RACP Divisions, Faculties and Chapters.